Exhaust Guarantee System
General Statement of Guarantee
We guarantee the MIJ Exhaust stainless steel exhaust fitted to your vehicle for the period during which you remain the registered keeper of the vehicle and whilst the vehicle remains in a roadworthy condition, or for the period stated in Clause 1 below for specific items. All guarantees are subject to the conditions and limitation set out below. Your statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee.
Your MIJ Exhaust systems requires no special maintenance, and provided that you maintain your vehicle in accordance with the manufacturers instructions, will give you a lifetime of trouble-free service.
Claims under Guarantee
In the unlikely event of experiencing a defect in your MIJ Exhaust exhaust system, we will repair or replace at our option any defective part. The vehicle must be returned (strictly by appointment) to the depot where the system was built, or the nearest MIJ Exhaust depot if this is not practical. In order to make a claim you are required to produce the original invoice and the registration document for the vehicle. If physical or contamination damage to the system is evident, you may be also asked to provide proof of vehicle routine maintenance, or a current MOT certificate before any repairs are carried out under the guarantee.
Transfer of Guarantee
Should you sell your vehicle, the new owner may transfer the guarantee subject to a system inspection and payment of the current guarantee transfer fee. Please contact your nearest MIJ Exhaust depot to arrange the transfer, and for confirmation of the transfer fee.
Clause 1 – Items excluded from lifetime guarantee
1. Mechanical items, including flexible couplings and knuckle joints are covered for a period of 24 months from the date of installation. (Please note condition 2 below)
2. Catalytic converters are covered for a period of 24 months from the date of installation.
3. Rubber Mountings are covered for a period of 12 months from the date of installation.
4. Repairs or modifications to exhaust components or systems not made by ourselves are not guaranteed.
5. Any other items specifically noted as excluded on the original purchase invoice.
Please note all guarantees are subject to the conditions and limitations set out below
Conditions and Limitations of Guarantees
1. Surface discolouration or corrosion other than corrosion that results in a leakage is not covered by the guarantee.
2. Damage caused to any part or the exhaust system as a direct or indirect result of worn engine mountings or excessive vibration is excluded from the guarantee.
3. Damage caused by physical impact of any kind, including impact with speed restriction bumps is not covered by the guarantee.
4. Damage caused as a result of the failure of a rubber mounting hanger is excluded from the guarantee, unless such failure occurs within a period of 12 months from the date of installation, and has not occurred as a result of impact or negligence.
5. Damage caused as a result of serious engine wear resulting in fuel or oil contamination to silencer materials invalidates the guarantee,
6. Non-standard use of the vehicle (e.g competition or circuit use) invalidates the guarantee.
7. Alterations or modifications carried out to the system by any third party invalidates the guarantee.
8. This guarantee does not cover any form of consequential loss or damage howsoever caused.
All precautions are taken to protect your vehicle and related items by our technicians. Very rarely a fault may occur!
No responsibility can be taken by MIJ and any costs occurred due to this, this will be the responsibility of the customer.
Buy Now & Pay Later:
1. We have trusted and well known providers, who you can choose at the checkout, if you wish to distribute the costs for your purchase.
2. You must read and agree to the terms and conditions for the ‘BUY NOW PAY LATER’ options prior to using that service. You can read this clicking here.
GOODS REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF MIJ EXHAUST UNTIL ALL PAYMENTS DUE ARE RECEIVED IN FULL.